Being in a corporate jungle for almost 5 years, it’s so refreshing to be able to go back to your province and take a breath of fresh air. Aside from seeing your loved ones, you get to enjoy the things you most likely missed while living in the city.
- Sunrise. Sunrises are always magnificent on every part of the globe. Although often times, we get to miss this breathtaking view due to skyscrapers blocking the picturesque scene. During my visit to Tawagan Norte, I get to enjoy one of the best free things that life has to offer. (I just have to wake up early to catch it. Haha!)
2. Appreciate the morning dew. I don’t know about you, but I’m not seeing fresh morning dew and really appreciate it for years! Either because I always woke up late on rest days or woke up too early for my shift on weekdays.
3. Picturesque Scenery. We need to travel more or less four hours to escape from the city and pay a reasonable environmental fee before we can enjoy a descent picturesque view of Mother Earth. We all also have these for FREE in our provinces. You just need a quick hike or paddle you way to get to the places people from the city would totally appreciate.
4. Green Fields. Buildings. Buildings. Buildings. Over a hundred kilometer stretch, all you’ll see will be buildings, road intersections, and cars lined up bumper to bumper. A change of landscape which is always so laid back and refreshing is always a good idea.
5. Play with your pets. Some pet lovers/dog lovers are living in a pad or an apartment wherein dogs are not allowed. This may not apply to everyone but I can totally relate to this. Visiting your province is also an opportunity to bond with your fury friends. I got Suzy our dark haired golden retriever to pose some beautiful images for this blog post. You may follow her own Instagram account @daya_dogs. 🙂
These things mentioned above are constant reminders that there are several things offered in life that are totally offered for free, no need to get to a city to witness or experience something. I believe the list could go on and on. I may even write a snapshot series about this. Haha! How about you, do you have anything in mind that we can add on to this list?