Badian has always been known to their majestic Kawasan Falls, crystal clear beaches with long stretch of shorelines like Lambug beach. Right now, here’s their newest attraction, so called the floating cottages specifically located in Dapdap, Bugas, Badian, Cebu.
They have enough space for parking, no parking fee; though no one’s guarding the vehicles too. (I guess it’s fine. Locals were nice, and they won’t cater overnights, so your car will be there just in broad daylight. It’s a one way road from the highway, so it may be difficult if you get to bump another car going to the cottage, while you’re heading home (or vice versa).
Please don’t expect something lavish. It’s a local community group effort and they are trying to build an attraction slowly but surely. They got 1 rest room/changing room and was still under construction when we visited, no roof yet, walls were like shoulder-neck level (I’m 5.0″, so you do the math).
Just right beside the receiving area is the path to the docking area. If my memory serves me right, it was a single boat who’ll be waiting to send you off to the cottages. It will be the same boat who’ll fetch the guests from the cottages back to the dock. Guests should take turns, first come first serve.
- Children below 6 years old are not allowed for safety purposes.
- Overnight stay is not allowed
- No corkage fee
- No Environmental Fee
- Bring your own lunch and snorkeling gear, it’s not included on the package.
- Sea urchin 200 php/bucket and Bangus available on the receiving area.
- Guests are responsible of their own trash, let’s not leave any trace.
- 70 php/pax with life jacket
- 3 hrs. limit/pax every Saturdays and Sundays
- 2,500 php – Exclusive cottage reservation (up to 30 pax) – 5 hrs.
- Facebook page
- Contact numbers:
- TM – 0945-082-5999
- SMART – 0998 – 472 -7662
- SUN – 0942 – 078 -7871
HOW TO GET TO BADIAN FLOATING COTTAGE:
By Bus: From Cebu South Bus terminal, take a bus going to Municipality of Badian, tell the driver to drop you off at Sitio Dapdap’s waiting shed near the boundary of Badian and Moalboal. One-way trip can cost Php150.00 for air-conditioned bus.
By personal car: Waze or Google map is your best friend. Just search for Dapdap’s Floating Cottages.